Go jump in the bailer. I'll push the button.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Last week or so, I'm driving to work and listening to NPR. There's a guest on talking about his poinsettia company and how they are diversifying the colors of the plants. The consumers apparently dig a rainbow of colors when it comes to that poisonous potted plant. They grow white poinsettias and them spray paint them.

I'm half interested, wondering why I've not seen these new guys. Not that I would buy one because I'm not doing the Christmas decorations this year. I blame my lack of holiday spirit to the grocery store where I'm subjected to eight hours of horrible holiday music played on a constant loop.

Anyway, back to the radio program. After this guy describes all the new colors, they cut to other people who just wanna stick to the traditional red. Again, I'm half interested. UNTIL....I hear a lady say "colored poinsettias go against God". "Aw, Jesus Christ" immediately explodes from my mouth. I snap off the radio, shake my head, and continue my happy journey to my holiday hell.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    one more day.... then you will have your day of yea! you will get no holiday greetings from me. enjoy!!! :)

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger andrea said...

    is this what people really worry about? that spray painting a plant goes against god? maybe she should pick up a slew of them and deliver them to old people in nursing homes, terminally ill kids in the hospital, or drop a few off to brighten up the local soup kitchen. i bet those people would be happy to get a little holiday cheer, no matter what color.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home